- Cooking Spray
- Hamburger Meat (precooked)
- Sauce and Seasoning of your choice
- Fire or Oven
- Adult Supervision
- Cut tin foil into a rectangular shape (about the size of a small baking pan)
- Make sure the tin foil has been sprayed with cooking spray before adding any food ingredients
- Chop up/ break up the hamburger meat and potatoes into small cubes in order for the foil pack to cook properly
- Dice up your carrots, celery, and onion
- Add all your food ingredients into your foil pack!
- Fold up food ingredients in the tin foil, making sure there are no openings left in the foil pack
- While you are placing and folding up your food ingredients into the foil pack, have an adult heat up the oven/ start a fire. These can also be cooked on a grill, with an adult’s help.
For fire use~ Make sure the fire has been burning for 5-10 minutes. Then let the flames die down while spreading the wood and hot coals. You will know the fire is ready for cooking when there are few small flames to none.
For oven use~ Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. It is recommended that you place your foil pack(s) on a baking pan.
- Place foil pack on hot coals of fire with tongs/ place in oven while wearing your trusty oven mitts
- Keep a constant eye on your foil pack (Check every 5 minutes in order to avoid under cooking or overcooking; it is also suggested that you flip your foil pack during the process to cook the ingredients evenly)
- Take your foil pack out and let cool till the foil is good enough to touch and open up
*Important Note:* Save leftovers and scraps for our Day 2 Dinner Devotion Activity!!!